Early GenerationsRichard Man (1611-1655) and wife Rebecca of Scituate, MA, had 4 sons. Their son Thomas (1650-1732) had 8 children--the youngest was Ensign Mann, Sr. (1699–1762). Ensign, Sr. had two sons who moved to Petersham--Ensign Mann II and Elijah Mann.
Ensign Mann, II (1740–1829) and Alice Whitney (1748–1806)
1. Alice Whiting Mann (1775-1805): Married Thomas Lincoln and had Ebenezer and Thomas (both moved to other towns)
2. Lucy Mann (1777-1859): Never married, lived/died in Petersham.
3. Ensign Mann, Jr. (1778-1810): Married Lydia Fillmore and had William and Sally.
- William Mann & Abigail Cook: 1) George Sumner, 2) Wilson, 3) Horace, 4) Horatio, 5) Mary Sanderson, 6) Jane Levira, 7) Lydia Ann
- Sally Norcross Mann & Peter Harwood Marsh: 1) Charlotte L., 2) Sarah, 3) James S., 4) Ensign, 5) Julia J., 6) Amos Alfred, 7) Infant, 8) Julia A., 9) Henry A., 10) Ella
4. Thomas Mann (1780-1853): Married Esther Stone and had 10 children.
- Clark Mann (Never married)
- Josiah Mann (Never married)
- Alice Whitney Mann & Joseph Stratton: 1) Horace Minott Stratton, 2) Clark M. (Died in infancy), 3) Frederic Eugene
- Elizabeth S. Mann (Never married)
- Dwight Mann: 1 son died in infancy
- Lott Mann & Emily Dennis: 1) Thomas Sidney
- Thomas Marshall Mann & M. E. Ferguson: 4 children (family lived in Louisiana)
- Esther Elvira Mann (Never married)
- Priscilla A. Mann & Daniel Austin Ellinwood: 1) Eliza Maria (never married)
- Angeline F.Mann (Never married)
5. Julianna Mann (1783-1813): Never married, lived/died in Petersham.
6. William Mann (1784-1861): Never married, lived/died in Petersham.
7. Samuel Mann (1787-1856): Married Sarah Luce and had 6 children.
- Richard Baxter Mann (died at age 10)
- Harriet Maria Mann & Frank Wheeler: 1) Arthur Henry, 2) Frank Mann, 3) Sarah Marian?
- Caroline Luana Mann (Never married)
- Asaph Mann (died at age 2)
- Samuel Mann & Maria Antoinette Luce (cousin): 1) Caroline W., 2) Helen/Ellen, 3) Sarah F., 4) Eugene S.
- William Henry Mann & Susan Bancroft: no children
8. Priscilla Mann (1790-1836): Married Holland Goodnow and had 10 children in New Salem.
9. Hannah Mann (1792-1865): Married John Briggs and had 6 children. Family relocated to Michigan.
Elijah Mann (1742-1823) and Mary Mann (cousin)
1. Joseph Mann: Lived in Hanover and never married.