Thursday, November 15, 2012

Genealogy Stories

Last month, for the first time, my husband learned something about his biological parents. His adoptive Dad let it slip that Nelson's father was a professional tennis player and was never told of his existence. Nelson is a great tennis player, and plays in local leagues. As a genealogy buff, I was about to crawl out of my skin!!! I want to know everything! Is it right that his biological father doesn't know about him?...if he's still alive. I'll give a shoutout to any professional tennis player who was possibly in Georgia in early 1962. You have a son that you don't know about, born in Savannah!



DOPPELGANGERS

Have you seen the story of Max Galuppo? www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/max-galuppo-temple-university-twin_n_2130291.html

Basically, Max ran into a 16th century Italian painting in a Philadelphia art museum, and the subject appears to be his identical twin. The Nobleman in the portrait was from the same region that the Galuppo ancestors are from. They are looking deeply at the family tree now. I love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment